Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 1: Focused Cheating

Body Fat: 17%
Total Inches: 138
Weight:154.2 lbs

Most people don't find it helpful to start their new eating plan by eating as much as you can . . . but that is precisely what I am doing today. Because I have been gearing up for this plan by doing some of the things necessary over the past few weeks, I have been practicing cheat days and it just so happens that my cheat day falls on the first day we are starting. Ah, sweet coincidences.

According to Ferris' understanding, cheat days are not an allowance but an intentional and necessary step to keeping one's metabolic rate high. I've found over the past month that cheat days did not seem to hurt me at all. Aside from a quick boost in weight (which dissipated in a day or two) I was still able to lose weight. Having a cheat day increases adherence - the chances that you will actually stick to your discipline so I'm all for it. Today will be a day of much chocolate I am thinking.

P.S. In case you are wondering, Total inches = measurements of both upper arms (at the biceps), waist (at the navel), hips, and mid thing on both legs. Body fat percentage is measured by using a scale that uses bioimpedance (a small electric current sent through your body) which seemed to be the best balance of cost and accuracy. We bought the scale last night but may have to get another one as right now it will only allow us to weigh one person.

Morning Meal: 4 pieces of toast (mmm . . . sweet white carbs, bowl of frosted flakes, tall glass of AJ


Lunch: 2 chicken burgers, 1 bacon cheese burger, 1 milkshake



Supper: Fettucini Alfredo, salad, water, 3 pieces of easter chocolate

Evening Snack: 2 packs of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, 2 chocolate eggs

Didn't post pictures because . . . well, I forgot. Still trying to remember all the new disciplines!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You weren't kidding about it being a cheat day!

    ReplyDelete