Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 3: Baby Steps of Progress

Body Fat: 17%
Total Inches: 136.7
Weight: 152.1 lbs

Still having a difficult time remembering to take pics of my food! Jobina made me an excellent breakfast but I'm not sure what to call it. You can't see it well in my somewhat pathetic pic below, but it is a bowl of 3 eggs, spinach, lentils, and salsa. Today I procrastinated for awhile by looking up recipes for Milkshakes for my cheat day - big mistake! Cravings are strong but I will resist. Yesterday I had no craving and today I wasn't hungry until I thought of milkshakes. Mmmm . . . sweet, creamy milkshakes. I have added this item to my "cheat day" list for this coming weekend.

Speaking of cheat days, we are in a bit of dilemma. We usually pick either Saturday or Sunday, but this weekend Saturday is a wedding and Sunday is Mother's Day. So what's worse - to abstain from delicious food on someone's special day (most likely with amazing deserts) or ruin Jobina's Mother's day? I'm leaning to abstaining at the wedding but we'll see how we do. Of course we are not totally legalistic about everything but tracking your info does not allow you the illusion that the food you eat doesn't affect your goals . . .

Speaking of which, psychology says that managed competition can by your ally when setting health goals. Anyone out there willing to challenge me to a weight/body fat reduction duel? If so, please contact me!

Breakfast: Jobina's lentil/eggs/salsa/spinach power breakfast (thanks honey), iced water 30 minutes before.


Lunch: Leftover stew (1 full bowl), water.

Supper: ?

1 comment:

  1. you're welcome! I would make a bet with you but I still have to deal with the previous bet I lost :o(

    ReplyDelete