Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 5: Plateau?

Body Fat: 18.6%
Total Inches: 138.00
Weight: 150.4 lbs

Good news: cravings are down about 50% from yesterday. It was a bit disappointing doing my tracking today as my weight remained steady, my body fat was slightly reduced and my inches was back where I started. Tracking is an interesting discipline - it brings out emotions such as joy, annoyance disappointment, shame, guilt, or anger. Of course these emotions depend on what you think of yourself and the process. I think that when heavier emotions are encountered as a result of tracking many people's instinct is to give up. I sense that pull myself (after only one day of plateauing - sad I know!) but I am choosing to ignore it. I figured ahead of time that it will eventually happen and that just means I will have to tweak something to get momentum again. Either I will change my diet, add exercise, add psych strategies, or a few other possibilities. Luckily, thanks to the book, I have further options if progress gets slow. I also know that most people have ups and downs and that is a normal part of the process.

Breakfast: Iced water 20 minutes before eating, ham and eggs, spinach, cottage cheese


Lunch: Pork and beans, sauteed shrimp (yes that's a weird combo)


Supper: A thin veggie soup, mixture of cottage cheese* and ground beef (sorry no pics), water

* In case you are curious, Tim Ferris says that cottage cheese is OK - the only dairy he recommends.

No comments:

Post a Comment