Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 2: Back In the Saddle

Body Fat: 18%
Total Inches: 138.15
Weight:153.1 lbs

Yesterday was a pretty good cheat day. I felt like I had done a bit of a wimpy job at breakfast but going to McDonald's for lunch brought be back in the game and I definitely felt gorged and ready to diet again for today.

My starting numbers (which I expect to fluctuate quite a bit, especially because we got a new weight/body fat scale and so we aren't comparing apples to apples here) were not too radically changed. Many people say don't weigh/measure yourself every day as it can become demotivating (emotionally painful) but I agree with Ferris (and psychological literature) that says that in depth tracking increases one major thing - awareness - which is crucial to improvement. I plan to handle negative progress (increased weight) by reminding myself of my disciplines and sticking to them. Also, by tracking several different things (body fat, weight, and total inches) I can stay motivated when I see one thing plateau (such as weight) but still see improvements in others (say decreasing my total inches or body fat percentage). I find it tough to remember to photograph my meals - like today - but otherwise I'm keeping up with everything else.

Breakfast: Ice water 30 minutes before eating, 4 ounces of protein (leftover chicken . . . mmmm), cooked beans/carrots (also leftovers), handful of spinach

Lunch: More of the same above

Supper: 1 tall glass of water, two bowls of Jobina's amazing (but sans potatoes) stew

No comments:

Post a Comment