Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 4: Getting Through The Cravings

Body Fat: 19%
Total Inches: 138.37
Weight: 150.4 lbs

Sigh, 2 measurements up, 1 down. I console myself with the fact that at least one important measurement is down (weight). Body fat and measurements are less accurate anyway (I noticed a small error in measuring that might account for the increase I saw today). I really enjoy tracking my progress (or regress), it helps me when I feel weaker in my resolve.

Yesterday I had my first real test - because I had to run to a BCBC board meeting after work I didn't get a chance to eat anything before leaving the city. I knew there would be a snack at the meeting (7:30) so I had to decide - would I indulge? After all, it's not like I'd had anything else to eat in the past seven hours. Also, I had a headache and was extremely tired. I decided ahead of time that I wouldn't eat anything til I got home (which ended up being around 11:30pm) but it was tough. Some of my favorite snack foods were being served and I had to say "nyet" to them. So I had internal (hunger) pressure as well as social pressure. But I did it. The whole ride home I fantasized about stopping for some fast food but I refrained and had a delicious taco salad (without the tacos, cheese, or sour cream) when I got home which killed the cravings perfectly.

I remember when Jobina and I did the "death diet" (imagine that someone said they'd kill you by the end of the month if you didn't drop ___lbs - what would you do differently?) that eventually you have to face your cravings. This intense battle usually lasts for a couple of days and then (if you don't give in) the cravings go mostly away. I have a feeling I'm in that place of battle right now. I hope I don't have to go through a three day cravings battle every week! On this eating plan I can eat any amount of things, as long as they fit with the four rules. I hope this will help me when I get those cravings over the next 48 hours.

Breakfast: Lentils, taco seasoned ground beef, shaved ham, 3 eggs, tall glass of iced water 20 minutes before

Lunch: Taco salad minus the taco/cheese/sour cream/etc, water. Also had an extra plate of lentils/ground beef, a quarter cup of spinach, and a tablespoon of natural peanut butter



Supper: Shrimp, mixed veggies, and lentils (thanks honey!)

2 comments: